Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunrise Sights

Meet me at the harbour, let's catch the sun.



Last weekend some girlfriends and I got up super early on Saturday and headed down to the harbour to take some photos and watch the sun rise.  The Tall Ships Festival was in town so we wanted to get some good pictures without a bunch of people around.  They had all braved the crowds earlier in the festival but, because of my busy schedule and a lack of desire to be pushed and shoved in a sweaty mess, this was my first visit to the ships. 



There's just something so calming about the early morning sun.  The water was like glass and the air seemed to stand still.  I think this was the first time since I arrived here in Halifax where I didn't feel like I was constantly moving.



I have made some of the most wonderful friends this summer.  I keep finding myself in amazing situations with even more amazing people.  I don't know where I'm headed after this summer, but I do know I will be carrying these experiences and friendships wherever that may be.



 I don't want to leave Halifax, but the time is coming much too soon.  In less than two weeks I will be living in Saskatoon again.  I'm so excited to see friends and family, to teach ballet, to walk along the river, and to head to my usual coffee spots, along with the new ones that popped up over the summer.  Even though I know I will love my time back home, I just feel like my heart needs something different.

Perhaps far off adventures are sooner than I think.



3 comments:

  1. I'd love to see the first two photos bigger, they are beautiful!

    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I would too, unfortunately I didn't know much about blog formatting back then and the computer that these were stored on crashed so I cannot re-format this post :(

      Delete
    2. Fair enough :) I know the feeling. I'm trying to work out how to size photos correctly, I just wing it most of the time! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...